The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization founded in 1980, for those who are interested in typography and font design, and/or are users of the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth.
If you're new to TeX and are looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask, click here to get started.
- Glisterings: LaTeX and Other Oddments is a new book just published by TUG (softcover, 130 pages, 8.5x11, ISBN 098246262X). It is a collection of 27 columns on LaTeX and other topics written for TUGboat. More information and ways to order are on the book page.
- TUGboat 41:1, a regular issue, has been mailed to current TUG members. (USPS mailing information.) The issue is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 40:3, another regular issue, is now publicly available. Submissions for the upcoming issues this year are most welcome: deadline for 41:2 (the TUG'20 proceedings is August 3, and for 41:3 is October 15.
- TeX Live 2020 and MacTeX 2020 and proTeXt for 2020 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX, proTeXt). The TeX Collection 2020 DVD will be sent to TUG and other user group members; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (comprehensive meeting list)
- 14th ConTeXt Meeting, Prague-Sibřina, Czech Republic, Sept. 6-12, 2020.
- Awayzgoose type conference, hosted by the Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum and the American Printing History Association, online, Nov. 5-8, 2020.
- DANTE meeting, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany, March 10-12, 2021.
- TUG 2020 was held online, July 24-26, 2020. The program of all talks is available. Videos will become available over the coming days and weeks.
- G21C—Grapholinguistics in the 21st Century, via video, June 17-19, 2020. Extended description of conference by Yannis Haralambous: history, topics, relevance to TeX. Registration, keynotes.
- GuIT 2019, Turin, Italy, October 26, 2019.
- BachoTeX 2019 - TeX old but gold: the durability of typographic TeXnologies; Bachotek, Poland, May 1-5, 2019.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - apa7 - asmejour - xml2pmx - frpseudocode - beamerauxtheme - mcf2graph - overlock - logix - poemscol - archaeologie - expkv-cs - luatexja - CircuiTikZ - l3experimental - l3kernel - l3backend - hausarbeit-jura - mercatormap - asymptote - xepersian-hm - notomath - beamer-rl - almendra - lshort-zh-cn - bitter - forum - biblatex-publist - thmtools - Marcellus