The TeX Users Group (TUG) was founded in 1980 to provide an organization for people who are interested in typography and font design, and/or are users of the TeX typesetting system invented by Donald Knuth.
Please consider joining TUG to support use and development of TeX and friends.
If you're new to TeX and are looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask, click here to get started.
- TUG early bird deadline extended to April 30. We have extended the deadline for the TUG early bird membership discount to April 30. Thanks so much to everyone who has already renewed or joined! Note: although both TUGboat and the TeX Collection DVD are well underway and expected to be released on schedule, there will inevitably be a delay in delivery of the physical journals and DVDs, due to the world health situation.
- Early president's message about the Decameron, the response in Florence to the 14th century plague, and today.
- Zofia Walczak, an active participant in GUST and TeX Live for many years, is the latest subject in the Interview Corner.
- New book report: The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 4, Fascicle 5, by Donald E. Knuth.
- Stickers and a wide variety of other merchandise with the TeX logo are now available.
- TUGboat 40:3, a regular issue, has been mailed to current TUG members. It is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 40:2, the TUG 2019 (Palo Alto) proceedings, is now publicly available. Submissions for the following issue are welcome, deadline March 31, 2020. Articles, tutorials, announcements, and any other items would be greatly appreciated.
- TeX Live 2019 and MacTeX 2019 and proTeXt for 2019 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX, proTeXt). The TeX Collection 2019 DVD will be sent to TUG and other user group members; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (comprehensive meeting list)
- DANTE meeting, Universität zu Lübeck, Germany, March 25-27, 2020. Cancelled due to the global virus situation.
- G21C—Grapholinguistics in the 21st Century, via video, June 17-19, 2020. Extended description of conference by Yannis Haralambous: history, topics, relevance to TeX.
- TUG 2020,
Cary Graphic Arts Collection,
Rochester Institute of Technology,
Rochester, New York, USA, July 24-26, 2020;
call for papers deadline: May 10;
register for conference, early bird deadline: May 15;
bursary (financial assistance) deadline: April 15.
- 14th ConTeXt Meeting, Prague-Sibřina, Czech Republic, Sept. 6-12, 2020.
- DANTE meeting, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany, March 10-12, 2021.
- GuIT 2019, Turin, Italy, October 26, 2019.
- 13th ConTeXt Meeting - dirty tricks & dangerous bends; Bassenge, Belgium, Sept. 16-21, 2019.
- BachoTeX 2019 - TeX old but gold: the durability of typographic TeXnologies; Bachotek, Poland, May 1-5, 2019.
- 60th DANTE meeting, Hochschule Darmstadt, Germany, March 27-29, 2019.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online), as well as the TeX software collection (TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, etc.). TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - polyglossia - expkv - chemfig - pgfornament - nicematrix - tkz-euclide - tkz-doc - UPmethodology - tkz-base - l3kernel - expkv-cs - annee-scolaire - keyvaltable - expkv-def - ehhline - xsim - brandeis-dissertation - cases - import - psnfss - ccfonts - iodhbwm - glossaries-extra - OpTeX - TeX-nutshell - lua-ul - witharrows - git-latexdiff - cmsrb - TikZ-planets